A Special Meeting of the Governing Body is to be held at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, August
17th, 2022 at the Health and Wellness Center, 500 North Boundary Avenue, and virtually at:
meet.google.com, for the purpose of discussing:
- Call to order, pledge, and salute: Mayor Salas to commence meeting
- Roll call: Mayor Esequiel Salas
Mayor Pro-Tem & Trustee Bill Johnson
Trustee Nicole S. Steffen
Trustee Paulino Villegas
Trustee Rocio A. Sierra
- Approval of August 17th, 2022 at 5:00 pm Regular Meeting Agenda
- Departmental (Monthly Reports):
a) Code Enforcement b) Columbus Seniors’ Commission-No
c) Court d) Emergency Medical Services
e) Fire Department f) Health & Wellness Center
g) Historic Preservation Commission- No Report h) Library
i) Luna County Sheriff’s Department j) Parks & Recreation- No Report
k) Sewer – No Report l) Streets
m) Transfer Station n) Water
- Consent Agenda:
a) Approval of 08/10/22 Governing Council Workshop Minutes
b) Approval of 08/03/22 Special Council Meeting Minutes
c) Approval of 07/27/22 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
- Consent Agenda, items tabled at June 22, 2022 Special Council Meeting:
a) May 2nd, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting Minutes
b) May 9th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting Minutes
c) May 18th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Regular Council Meeting Minutes
d) May 31st, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting, postponed until June 1st, 2022 at 5 pm
- Approval of Presentation of Rate Study on the Wastewater Department by Karl Pennock.
- Discussion and Approval of Dan Martin as the Village of Columbus Director of Financial Acquisitions
and Special Projects
- Discussion and Approval of Proposed Adoption og Grant Authorization and Agreement
Resolution No. 2023-08 NMFA Local Government Planning Grant No. PG 5280.
- Discussion and approval of Resolution 2023-09 to Apply for CDBG Application. Due August
- Discussion and Approval of Request from Stantec for a Special Meeting September 1st, 2022
for Bid Award on Taft and Main Street Project.
- Discussion and Approval of Resolution 2023-10 EMS purchase to install 3 AC units to the fire
EMS Building in the amount of $29,500 with JPA funds and EMS, splitting the bill between the
EMS and CVFD.
- Discussion and approval to hire Baltazar Granados as an EMS Crew Member.
- Discussion and approval of Resolution 2023-11 Request to pay MID South Chemical
Company Inc. for the amount of $6987.71 for chemicals needed for the RO Plant.
- Trustee Comments
- Mayor Comments
- Next regular meeting date: July 20th, 2022 at 5:00 pm