A Special Meeting of the Governing Body is to be held at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at Ruth Coleman Community Complex, 500 West North Boundary Avenue, and virtually at: meet.google.com/, for the purpose of discussing:
- Call to order, pledge, and salute: Mayor Salas to commence meeting
- Roll call:
- Mayor Esequiel Salas
- Mayor Pro-Tem & Trustee Bill Johnson Trustee Nicole S. Steffen
- Trustee Paulino Villegas Trustee Rocio A. Sierra
- Approval of July 27th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Regular Meeting Agenda.
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of July 20th HUB International Health Insurance Presentation Minutes
- Approval of July 5th, 2022 Budget Workshop Meeting Minutes
- Approval of June 22nd Special Meeting Minutes
- Consent Agenda, items tabled at June 22, 2022 Special Council Meeting:
- April 5th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting Minutes
- April 25th, 2022, at 4:30 pm workshop, statement of quorum
- May 2nd, 2022,at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting Minutes
- May 9th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting Minutes
- May 18th, 2022, at 5:00 pm Regular Council Meeting Minutes
- May 31st, 2022, at 5:00 pm Special Council Meeting, postponed until June 1st, 2022 at 5pm Meeting Minutes
- Discussion and Acknowledgment of the Village of Columbus Department Head Monthly Reports.
- Approval of Mayoral appointment of Guadalupe Rubio as Municipal Clerk in accordance with Village of Columbus Ordinances 297 Amendment 12 Personnel Policy and Ordinance 306 Separation of appointed position of Clerk-Treasurer.
- Approval of Mayoral hire of Daniella Sandoval as Village of Columbus Treasurer.
- Approval of Mayoral hire of Beatrice Armendariz as the Health and Wellness Director.
- Review and Approval of Final Budget as presented by Desiree Lopez of Beasley, Mitchell & Co.
- Consideration and selection of a law firm as new representation of the Village of Columbus. Item tabled at June 22, 2022 Special Council Meeting.
- Discussion and approval of Resolution 2022- 74 A Facility Use Contract between the Village of Columbus and HELP New Mexico, Inc., tabled at the June 15th and June 22nd, Regular Council meeting.
- Intent to Pass Ordinance No. 220 Amendment 2 an Ordinance Granting to Columbus Electric Cooperative, Inc., a New Mexico Corporation, a Franchise to Furnish Electricity Within the Village of Columbus, New Mexico and Granting to Columbus Electric Cooperative, Inc., a New Mexico Corporation, the Right to Use Any Public Highway, Street Alley, Road or Other Public Place.
- Resolution of Support presented by Dan Martin. In support of the Nomination of NM-9 as Scenic Byway.
- Discussion and approval for petition from the Columbus Artist’s Cooperative to approve the Occupancy Agreement for the Hover Hotel presented by Dan Martin.
- Approval for Liquor License Application for Borderland Café.
- Final Adoption of Ordinance #238.4 Animal Control. An Ordinance providing for animal control within the Village of Columbus, providing for the violation thereof and repealing all ordinances and amendments in conflict therewith.
- Discussion of Amending Ordinance #296 Section 5 Prohibited Acts Line F.
- Discussion and Approval of Resolution Setting the rate of pay to casual employees of the Village of Columbus Emergency Medical Services, abolishing all prior resolutions establishing rates of pay for Columbus Emergency Medical Services Crew Members.
- Discussion and Approval to Amend Wilson & Co. Agreement for Additional Services in the Village of Columbus Port of Entry Facultative Pond.
- Approval of Resolution of an Interdepartmental Budget Transfer of $1,570 from the Water Department to the Transfer Station necessary to fund operating expenses.
- Public Comments
- Trustees’ comments
- Mayor’s comments
- Next Regular Council Meeting date: August 17, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Attestation of Posting a Regular Council Meeting of the Village of Columbus Governing Body
I, Guadalupe Rubio, being of lawful age and being first duly sworn, do state: That I am a duly qualified Clerk of the Village of Columbus, Luna County, New Mexico; and that there is no newspaper which maintains an office and that is of general circulation within the corporate limits of the Village; and that I did cause this Notice of Special Meeting of the Village of Columbus Governing Body to be posted in 6 (six) places within the limits of the Village; and that said posting was done on the 18th day of July, 2022 as follows:
1. Columbus City Hall 2. Columbus Village Library 3. The Patio Café
4. San Jose Grocery Store 5. San Jose Fina 6. The Plaza Park
If you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the hearing or meeting, please contact the Village Clerk at City Hall at least one week prior to meeting or as soon as possible. Public documents, including agendas and minutes, can be provided in various accessible formats. Please contact the Records Custodian at City Hall if a summary or other type of accessible format is needed.
Guadalupe Rubio Municipal Clerk
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN before me this 18th day of July, 2022
My Commission Expires: