Beginning November 17, 2021 DPS is moving to remote learning for specific schools to address critical staffing shortages.
• DEMING INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL (DIS)
• DEMING HIGH SCHOOL (DHS)
• MIMBRES VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL (MVHS)
• EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL (ECHS)
• RED MOUNTAIN MIDDLE SCHOOL (RMMS)
WHEN: Beginning Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Deming Public Schools (DPS) continues to face critical staffing shortages. We have largely been able
to avoid impacts to our students as the result of the outstanding efforts of our administrators, teachers and
staff who have gone above and beyond in their flexibility and creativity to cover the gaps. This situation
has prevented staff from having the time they need to properly plan and prepare lessons for our students
and, in some cases, caused multiple classes to be housed in the gym with limited supervision. As a result,
we have made the decision to move DIS, DHS, MVHS, ECHS, & RMMS to a remote setting on
Wednesdays beginning November 17, 2021, and until further notice.
Each school has developed a Remote Learning Schedule, which can be found on the next page. We will
also offer Grab and Go meals for students to take home for Wednesday remote learning and we will have
hotspots available for students who do not have internet at home.
IT TAKES ALL OF US TO KEEP OUR KIDS IN SCHOOL
• Avoid large gatherings (even family gatherings)
• Support your child in wearing their mask correctly
• Wash hands frequently
• Get vaccinated, if eligible
• Do not send your child to if they are
• Do not send unvaccinated students to school
if there is a positive in the home.
For ALL schools, please note the following:
• Students will receive credit for attendance when they CHECK-IN at the scheduled Zoom
• If a student does not have access to internet, even with a school provided hotspot, the student
will be marked present if the work is completed and turned in; if work is not turned in, the
student will be marked absent.
• Teaching Staff will be at their school site and available during the scheduled Zoom sessions
to provide instructional support.
• Hotspots will be provided to any student who does not have access to the internet at home.
• Students with disabilities will have the option of attending, in-person, on Wednesday
mornings. Case Managers will be reaching out regarding this option or call the school for
NOTE: Zoom participation is NOT OPTIONAL and available to students in order to